Thursday, June 18, 2015

Día del Padre

Happy Father's Day:

To the original International Man of Mystery, despite similar claims made by your Tres Hermanos
John,
Michael,
Tom.
To the man who loves babies more than a 12 year old girl
To the man who taught me Respect for authority -
and Acceptance of imperfections
The two must come together

To Walt who has more Wit than he knows what to do with
To the Wordsmith who taught me how to write
To the worst typist I know

To the only husband I know who names his Wife President and CEO
To the hustler who sacrificed his ambition for my brother and I
To being 62 and never aging a day

To the father who built our lives how he wishes his was
To the chef who taught me to be better than he

Father James, you are Our Saint
We would be nothing without you and Mom

And -

We are luckier than we know to have a Father,
especially a Father like you.

Much love to you, Sir
Mary would be proud


7 comments:

  1. Nice fathers day post. I really liked the, "To Walt who has more Wit than he knows what to do with" part, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. by the way, what is the name of the place where that photo was taken. It looks pretty cool!

      Delete
    2. That was Moorea in French Polynesia (South Pacific)!

      Delete
  2. Wow! This was a very nice Father's day post. I hope you have a great Father's day weekend and celebrate well. I thought "to the hustler who sacrificed his ambition for my brother and I" was so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this father's day post! My dad is thousands of miles aways in China. Such a pity that I couldn't celebrate with him...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Father's Day posts! Everybody seems to be doing topical posts this week: NBA champions, Donald Trump for president (lol)...it's been an interesting week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beatiful father's day post. Hope you showed it to him!

    ReplyDelete